Hot Compress has amazing benefits with no side effects at all. We can easily make different compress to treat variety of problems at home itself. Salt compress is called “Uppu Vedhu” in Tamil. I use sea salt or crystal salt as it is readily available at home, but use the one that you have at home.
To make the compress, salt is warmed in an empty pan over low heat. Then it is immediately transferred to a cloth, and tied into a bundle. This bundle is used as a compress on the cyst. You can also use this salt compress for treating small bruises, infections and swellings but don’t use it on open wounds.
Make sure to switch off once the salt has warmed up or the salt will start melting. This remedy is very handy as we always have crystal salt at home. When using it on children, make sure to test the heat of the bundle each time on yourself before using it on them as the salt gets heated fast.
Hot Compress Benefits:
1. Hot compress for Stye:
2. Hot Compress For Pimples:
3. Hot Compress For Eyes:
4. Hot Compress for Boils:
5. Hot Compress For Cyst:
How To Apply A Hot Compress:
1. Heat a thick bottomed pan, once hot add 1 cup of crystal salt to it. Fry the salt till it is warm to the touch.
2. Once the salt gets warm, immediately transfer it to a clean cloth and tie it into a bundle.
3. Apply this compress on the affected area. Press the bundle on the cyst for few seconds, remove and then repeat till the salt loses its heat.
4. Once the salt cools down, reheat the pan and place the bundle on top of it till it gets warm again. Just few minutes is enough for the salt to get heated. Use again.
- Make sure not to over heat the salt.
- Always check the heat of the bundle before applying directly on the cyst as salt gets heated pretty fast.
- Use thick bottomed pan for doing this.