Beard Oil Benefits:
- Beard oil prevents skin drying which is usually the case for many.
- If the beard is long, applying beard oil prevents tangling
- Beard oil prevents infections if used regularly.
- Beard oil promotes faster hair growth.
- Applying beard oil also makes it look neat and presentable.
Coconut Oil For Beard Growth:
Instead I would suggest making your own beard oil, it is easy and fun and the best part is you can mix in your own favorite scents and customize it to your liking. First step that we have to do while making beard oil is choosing the base oil, we have a quite a few choices.
But no matter what oil you chose always remember to chose unrefined pure oils. Some good choices are jojoba oil, coconut oil, sweet almond oil and grape seed oil, I always prefer coconut oil. Coconut oil promotes beard growth and prevents drying but try using only unrefined coconut oil.
Coconut oil also prevents infections and is very easy to apply in the beard. I like to mix coconut oil with sweet almond oil as it is also a great conditioner. I also like to add vitamin e oil as it acts as a natural preservative. The fun part is mixing the essential oils with the carrier oil, have fun formulating your own recipes.
I like rosemary, lavender and peppermint essential oils combination as it smells really masculine. They complement each other well and makes the beard oil smell really really good. In addition to smelling good, rosemary essential oil has anti bacterial properties and it prevents infections.
Lavender essential oil is very very soothing and peppermint essential oil promotes hair growth. However I would suggest making only a small batch of beard oil so the fragrance remains fresh. These also make great gifts, if your husband loves growing beard gift it to him, I am sure he will thank you for it….:)
How To Use Coconut Oil For Beard Growth:
1. Take 2 vitamin E capsules, pierce and add the contents into a bowl.
2. Add the oils to the vitamin E oil. Here I have used homemade unrefined coconut oil and sweet almond oil.
3. Mix the essential oils into the carrier oil and mix well.
4. Pour into a dark bottle and store it away from sunlight.
- Always make small batches for best results.
- Don’t use artificial fragrances always use pure essential oils.
- Like I mentioned before always use only unrefined oil.
- If you want to gift it, you can double or triple the recipe too..