I am sure, many of you must have tried this besan and turmeric face mask at least once. This mask is very popular because it is made with common kitchen ingredients, very effective and easy to make. This besan/ kadalai maavu face pack is very good for treating acne, skin whitening and it leaves your skin glowing. Regular use will also reduce the facial hair. Almost all Indian household will have besan and turmeric powder in the kitchen. I don’t remember a day that I haven’t used turmeric in my daily cooking. Besan/ Gram flour/ Chickpea flour is a flour made from ground chick peas. Though in Southern India, we don’t use gram flour in cooking commonly like in Northern India, we do stock up on it for the few dishes we make with it and for using it externally on the skin. We call it “Kadalai maavu” in Tamil. But try to buy chick pea flour from reputed brands. Please don’t buy gram flour that is bright yellow, as the gram flour might be artificially colored. You can also make your own chick pea flour by grinding dried chick peas in the mixer to a fine powder. Chickpea flour is full of proteins and it is great for the skin. We sometimes use it as a bath powder and for young children, we use it to wash the hair too. This face mask is very good for acne prone, oily skin. This face pack can be used by people with very sensitive skin too, provided you use good quality ingredients. To make the face pack, first rub a piece of turmeric to get the paste. Now add the turmeric paste to the chick pea flour. Add the required amount of whole milk to get a thick spreadable paste. To use, wash your face, wipe dry and then apply a thin coating of the paste all over the face. Wait for it to dry and then wash it off.
1. Take a piece of turmeric and rub it on a clean coarse stone along with little water to get a paste.
2. Add the turmeric paste to the chickpea flour.
3. Add whole milk to the mixture and mix together to form a smooth paste. Your face pack is ready.
4. To use, apply the face pack on your face, wait for it to dry and then wash it off.
- If you are making your own gram flour, make sure to sieve it.
- When mixing the milk, make sure there are no lumps.
- The mixture should be of thick paste like consistency.
- I have been using this mask for quite some time now and I find it very effective for treating acne.
- You can also try with rose water instead of milk, if you don’t want to use milk and find your face oily after using the pack.