This homemade lip scrub is good enough to eat! It contains things that gently exfoliate the lips leaving it soft and smooth and it also lightens dark lips. All the things required to make this scrub are common kitchen ingredients and you can easily make it at the fraction of the cost of a store bought one. If you suffer from dry, cracked lips then this homemade scrub will do wonders to treat the problem.
This scrub has got brown sugar, honey and coconut oil. Brown sugar exfoliates the skin wonderfully and I prefer it over the regular sugar. Honey is a natural moisturizer and leaves your lips soft and smooth and coconut oil heals cracked lips effectively. I just couldn’t resist adding a few drops of pure vanilla, as I prefer all my homemade things to smell good. The best thing about this homemade lip scrub recipe is you can get really creative.
Use this as a base recipe and add your favorite things to it. If you are fond of a particular fruit, you can add the fresh fruit pulp to it. You can also add the zest of lemon and orange, if you like citrus flavor and add few drops of citrus essential oil, instead of the vanilla. To make the scrub, first mix the brown sugar, honey to a thick paste. If the brown sugar has got lumps, break it well before mixing. Add a few drops of coconut oil and pure vanilla to it.
If you like cinnamon, you can add a pinch of cinnamon powder too. To use, scoop out a small teaspoon of the mixture and gently massage the lips. Wash it off after a few minutes and apply a lip balm. Try to use it weekly twice during winter time to keep your lips soft and moisturized. This homemade lip scrub also make great gifts. Customize the lip balm according the person you are gifting by adding their favorite things to the basic recipe.
Homemade Lip Scrub Recipe:
1. Take the brown sugar and honey in a bowl and mix together well to get a thick paste.
2. Add few drops of coconut oil, here I added my homemade virgin coconut oil.
3. Add a few drops of pure vanilla and your homemade lip scrub is ready!
- Try using organic honey and cold pressed coconut oil for best results.
- If you don’t have pure vanilla skip it but please don’t use the artificial essence.
- Break the lumps in the brown sugar before mixing.
- The mixture should be thick and smooth.