Henna is a wonderful ingredient to use for our hair and this traditional henna hair oil made with henna leaves and coconut oil is very good for the hair. I have a henna tree in my home and I love to use the fresh henna leaves for all my preparations. The smell of freshly plucked henna leaves is so amazing and refreshing.
This homemade henna hair oil is wonderful for strengthening the hair roots and it also treats minor scalp infections. This henna hair oil is best made during summer time, when you get plenty of sunlight. Regular scalp massage with this hair oil will arrest hair fall and stimulate new hair growth. This oil has got homemade virgin coconut oil as the base. In my personal opinion, coconut oil is the best oil for hair and if you use chemical free, homemade oil regularly, you will notice a nice difference in your hair.
To make this oil, collect fresh henna leaves and wash it well. Grind the leaves in a blender along with little water to make it into a thick paste. Take the paste and make it into small rounds, place it in a plate and sun dry till crisp. Heat coconut oil in a pan and add the dried henna balls to it and once the sizzling sound stops, switch off.
Let the oil cool completely, strain and pour it glass bottles. This oil can be used as a daily application oil, hair massage oil or as a pre shampoo treatment. To use as a pre shampoo treatment, warm the oil slightly in a small pan. Take the oil in your fingers and massage it well all over the scalp. The oil has to be warm , not hot when applying this oil.
After a good and gentle hair massage with this oil, let it soak in the hair for at least 30 minutes. Wash it off with a mild shampoo, followed by a good hair conditioner. After this hair treatment, you will feel very refreshed and your hair will be very soft and manageable. You will also get deep sleep that day because of the massage, which will relax and refresh you. Enjoy making this henna hair oil at home!
How To Make Henna Hair Oil:
1. Pluck fresh henna leaves and clean it well. Grind the leaves in a mixer to a smooth mixture, using very little water.
2. Make small rounds out of the mixture and spread it on a plate to dry. Dry it in hot sun till the rounds are completely dry.
3. Heat coconut oil in a pan in a low flame and once hot, add the rounds.
4. It will start sizzling immediately, let it sizzle in low flame.
6.Once the sizzling stops switch off.
7. Let the oil cool, strain and store it in glass bottles.
- If you add too much of water while grinding, you will not be able to make rounds.
- Try to use freshly plucked leaves and homemade coconut oil for best results.
- The whole thing should be done in a low flame, else the rounds will burn easily.
- Make sure not to fill the pan to the brim with oil, it will spill over when it sizzles.
- This oil stores well for 2 to 3 months at room temperature.