I am not a big fan of chemical bleach and in fact I have not even tried it once in my life. You will also find the reason, why I have such an aversion towards chemical bleach after reading this incident. During my sister’s wedding, we were planning on getting a bleach in the parlour. Even though I was hesitant at first even I agreed to get the chemical bleach done.
When I arrived at the parlour, already two ladies were getting their bleach done. The beauty parlour lady had applied the bleach on their face and they were waiting for it to dry. I think the bleach didn’t agree with one of the ladies and she started loudly complaining that it was itching and burning all over the face. I really got scared and literally ran out of the parlor that day.
Though I have tried many natural bleach recipes over the years, this recipe remains my favorite and I use it often on my face. This bleach has got two ingredients- fresh mint leaves and fresh yogurt. This bleach removes dirt and grime on the skin and lightens the skin tone, if used regularly.
A word of caution here: This mixture really burns once you apply it on the face but it really bleaches your skin. If you have a sensitive skin stay away from this natural bleach. Fresh mint leaves are excellent for bleaching the skin and yogurt actually reduces the burning sensation and conditions the skin. The burning sensation lasts for little time and then goes away.
This pack takes around 10 minutes to dry out and you can wash it with a natural bath powder for best results. If you use wilted mint leaves, there will be no effect in the skin and there will be no burning sensation too. I prefer to pluck my mint leaves from the garden at the time of making it and I always use homemade yogurt for this pack. If you are using store bought yogurt try to buy natural, unflavored one. Have fun using this natural chemical free bleach at home!
1. Take fresh yogurt and hang it in a cloth to remove the moisture. I used my double layered strainer to drain the water.
2. Collect fresh mint leaves and wash it well to remove the mud. Grind the mint leaves in a mixer along with the hung yogurt to get a smooth paste. You natural bleach is ready!
- If using for the first time, try a patch test before using it on the entire face.
- Never use this bleach on young girls, they will not be able to bear the burning sensation.
- The burning sensation lasts only for some time and this bleach is very very safe.
- Once you tolerate the initial burning sensation, you will love this bleach very much.