Dry ginger is one ingredient that we use often as a home remedy and I always have dry ginger at home. This remedy is used to treat flatulence and upset stomach. This remedy was taught to me, by my husband’s grand mother. She was really good with home remedies and lot of remedies on this blog is from her.
Dry ginger is called “Sukku” in Tamil and it is easier to get sukku, as it is available in all the departmental stores. Ginger root contain gingerols, camphene and oleo resins. These substances increase the gastric juices thus treating diarrhea, gastric problems etc.
Butter milk is also great for treating stomach ailments. To make this remedy, grind the dry ginger with one day old butter milk (butter milk which is a bit sour) and crystal salt to a fine paste. Thin it down with fresh buttermilk. The mixture should be thin.
If you are not able to grind it finely, strain the mixture. This remedy can be safely given to children, but reduce the quantity of dry ginger for them. Drink this once and you will feel better in no time. This is not bitter at all, only a bit spicy to drink.
Dry Ginger Medicinal Uses: Home Remedy For Digestion Problems
1. This is dry ginger and it is easily available in supermarkets now.
2. Pound the dry ginger in a mortar and pestle finely.
3. Grind dry ginger with little crystal salt and day old buttermilk into a fine paste.
- Use just enough day old buttermilk to grind the dry ginger.
- Thin it down with enough fresh buttermilk, else it will be too spicy to drink.
- The quantity of the dry ginger depends on the age of the person.