Castor oil is an amazing ingredient to be used on eyelashes for promoting eyelash growth. I used to use pure castor oil on my eyelashes daily, but the only side effect is it goes into my eyes and causes irritation. So I came up with this eye mask made with bananas and castor oil.
Bananas and castor oil are an amazing combination to use on the eyes as they cool and relax the tired eyes and promotes eyelash growth at the same time. Most of us spend lot our time in front of the computer or television nowadays.
After I started blogging, even I am spending most of the time in front of the computer. At the end of the day, my eyes are tired and sometimes my eyes turn red often. Very soon we start developing dark under eye circles.
This homemade eye mask recipe made with bananas and castor oil, helps to get rid of dark circles, relaxes tired eyes and promotes eyelash growth. I still remember, when I was studying in hostel, one of my teachers applying castor oil everyday night on her eyelids to relax her eyes, her eyes were always bright.
Castor Oil Benefits For Eyelashes:
- Castor oil promotes faster eyelash growth. No other oil promotes eyelash growth like castor oil, but try to use this mask often.
- Castor oil is a very gentle treatment to be used on the eyes and it suits all skin types. This mask can be used by people with very sensitive skin too, as it is very very gentle on the skin.
- Castor oil and banana mask is one of the cheapest treatments that we can make at home. This mask also treats eye bags that is usually the major reason for making a face look tired and aged. Our skin around the eyes are very delicate and very few treatments are 100% safe and I can safely say that this treatment is very safe and effective.
- Along with promoting eyelash growth, this mask also treats eye wrinkles and eye infections very effectively.
- When our eyes are infected we get a burning sensation in the eyes and this eye mask can be used to ease the burning sensation, but make sure to apply it over a thin muslin cloth.
How To Use Castor Oil For Eyelashes:
1. Take a medium sized, peeled, ripe banana in a bowl. Add 1 tsp castor oil to it.
2. Mash it well. Lie down. Spread a clean muslin cloth over both the eyes. Spread the banana mixture over the muslin cloth and rest comfortably for at least 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove contact lenses before applying this eye mask, as the castor oil will make the lens greasy.
- Make sure that the banana is ripe…
- If you don’t have muslin cloth at home, use any thin, clean white cloth.
useful info making own mask is always good as u know what gets into it
Hi Ramya, me from Coimbatore tooo..found just what i was looking for in the Indian massage oil….and the other tips are very good too. Hats off to u….lets keep our traditions alive….good luck…
Ramya, I take castor oil on my finger tips and circle eyes with it. In no time my husband and son fall asleep. I used them directly on the eye lids. I see no harm as long as we use pure oil. When I read your posts, remember what all my mother used to do for us. Thanks for creating a journal and sharing these wonderful tamil kaai vaithyam.
If there is no banana available, can it be replaced with something else?
Hi, Try with avocado……
Excellent…… I used banana and honey face mask on my skin I read your post and amazing tips for skin care I never used castor oil , I like so much this oil this tips is good for me because I am a working women and my skin is very dry I think this oil is good for my skin thanks for sharing us this post I am waiting for your next. 🙂
Hi Ramya, I am from U.S.A and I love your post so much I recently noticed your website and I loved it and I watched your youtube video too. Superb!!Keep on updating you are doing a great thing and I love to try your recipes but most of the stuffs I have to order it online . Thank you so muchhh.. for your good mind.