Hibiscus is nothing short of a miracle, when it comes to treating hair loss and promoting thick hair growth. Hibiscus is widely grown in India and it produces flowers year round. Though there are many varieties of hibiscus flowers, I prefer the red colored hibiscus flowers to make this homemade hibiscus hair oil.
This hibiscus oil prevents hair fall, controls dandruff and prevents split ends, if used regularly. The base oil for this hibiscus oil is coconut oil. Coconut oil, as we all know has been the traditional hair oil for South Indian women and I strongly recommend making this hibiscus hair oil with it.
Try using pesticide free hibiscus flowers. To make this homemade hibiscus hair oil, separate the petals of hibiscus flowers and place it in a wide bowl. You can either pour the oil over the hibiscus petals and sun dry it for a day or two and then strain it.
The second method is to warm the coconut oil slightly and pour over the flowers and leave it till the oil completely cools down and then strain it. If you have plenty of sunlight, try the first method as I prefer heating the oil in the sun than heating on the fire.
How to Make Hibiscus Oil for Hair Growth
2. Warm the coconut oil. Make sure, you don’t heat it too much.
3. Pour over the petals and wait for it to cool down, before straining the oil. The color of the oil will not change in this method.
- If heating in the sun, keep it in the sun till the color of the flowers become transparent.
- Don’t heat the oil till it reaches smoking point.
- Try using cold pressed coconut oil for maximum benefits.