Hibiscus water is a popular home remedy for painful urination. Hibiscus flowers are very commonly found in India. Hibiscus flowers have surprisingly many health benefits. It helps to maintain normal body temperature, strengthens the heart. It is a good energy booster and it is also used to make hair oil, hair packs, etc. There are many varieties of hibiscus, with different colors and sizes, but for this remedy we need the red hibiscus flowers. Hibiscus water made the way, it is shown in this post helps to relieve painful urination. Also please read this post on coconut water, for more details about painful urination. The hibiscus water should be consumed every day morning, till one gets good relief from painful urination. To make hibiscus water, wash and separate the petals from the hibiscus flowers. Boil water in a pan along with rock candy. Rock candy is called ” Kalkandu” in Tamil. Once it comes to a boil, switch off the flame and then add the petals. Let the petals steep for few minutes. The color of the water will change to red. Consume this regularly for a few days to get good relief from painful urination. Hibiscus plant needs very little maintenance and they produce plenty of flowers year round.
1. Wash hibiscus flowers and separate the petals.
2. Boil water in a pan along with rock candy.
3. Once the rock candy dissolves and the water comes to a rolling boil, add the hibiscus leaves and switch off.
4. The color of the water will change to dark red color. Strain and drink continuously for few days, till you get good relief from painful urination.
- Make sure to use flowers, that are not sprayed with pesticides.
- Use single layered hibiscus flowers, for this remedy.