I had a lot of fun making this homemade almond oil night cream. This cream is silky smooth and has a beautiful smell of fresh roses. It leaves the skin fair and glowing, if used regularly. Making our own home made creams is not that difficult. The only thing we have to keep in mind, when making any home made lotions is to be precise with the measurements. If you are not precise with the measurements, the cream will either set very hard else it will be very runny. I have used bees wax to make the lotion. Try and get cosmetic grade, good quality beeswax for making this cream. This cream also has rose water. The quality of this cream depends on the rose water you use. You get rose water in the market too, but it is just plain water with a bit of artificial essence and coloring. So please try to make your own rose water, it stores well in the refrigerator for weeks together. It is easy to make rose water at home, provided you get pesticide free roses. I have used almond oil as the base. Almond oil is one of the best skin conditioning oils and it pairs up beautifully with rose water. This cream has a shelf life of 3 to 4 weeks, if left in a cool place, away from sunlight. This homemade cream is best used as a night cream, as it is very nourishing. Every day before going to bed, massage a small amount of this lotion on the skin. You will find your skin considerably softer and smoother. To make this cream, heat up distilled water and grated bees wax. It is best to do it in a double boiler, but I just melted it in a low flame. Once melted, add the rose water and almond oil to the melted wax and switch off. Let it cool a bit. Now transfer this mixture to a standing mixture and start beating in medium speed. Make sure to scrape the sides, as the mixture splashes initially. After some time, you will find the cream thickening. Now is the time to add your rose essential oil. Beat again for few seconds more, till every thing comes together. Transfer the cream to a glass jar and enjoy your homemade cream for glowing skin!
1. We get beeswax either as pellets or in blocks. If you have got it in blocks, grate it using a grater.
2. Melt distilled water and beeswax over a double boiler. I just melted the mixture in a very low flame.
3. Wait for the bees wax to melt completely.
4. Once melted, add rose water and almond oil and switch off the flame. Transfer the mixture to a standing mixer.
5. Let it cool for a minute and and start mixing. In the first few minutes, the mixture will be runny and it will splash on the sides of the mixer. Make sure to scrape the sides.
6. After about few minutes of beating, it will start thickening. Now is the time to add in the rose essential oil.
7. Beat again few minutes more, till everything comes together and the mixture is thick and glossy. Transfer the cream to a pretty glass jar. Your chemical free, lovely home made cream is ready!
- Please use only distilled water to make this lotion, as distilled water is free of impurities.
- Use a standing mixer because this cream needs a vigorous mixing to get that glossy finish.
- Use only rose essential oil for this lotion.