This recipe made with fresh palm fruit| tadgola| taati munjalu | nungu tastes wonderful. It is one of the best home remedies for treating stomach burn. Palm fruit always brings back fond childhood memories. When I was younger, we use to visit our aunts place every summer. Every afternoon, all of us will gather in the backyard to eat this palm fruit. It was such a joy to eat this fruit along with all my family members. I used to prefer eating this over ice cream and I still do. Palm fruit is a very good laxative and helps to effectively treat stomach burns. If you have stomach burn during summer, try this drink for a few days, you will feel better in no time. This drink is very nutritious too, as it is made with palm candy. Palm candy is rich in vital nutrients and minerals, it is very high on Vitamin B12 too. To make this drink, pound palm candy and green cardamom pods in a mortar and pestle. Peel the outer skin of the palm fruit and cut it into very small pieces. Boil whole milk in a pan and once it comes to boil, add the pounded palm candy and cardamom mixture. Let it dissolve, once dissolved switch off the flame. Add the finely cut Palmyra fruit to the milk and let it cool. If you don’t want to use cows milk, it can be done with coconut milk too, which is even more effective for treating ulcers. But make sure to boil it in low flame, else the coconut milk will split. You can also use a combination of both cows milk and coconut milk too. This drink can be refrigerated and used for 2 to 3 days.
1. Peel the outer skin of the Palm fruit and cut it into very small pieces.
2. Take palm candy and green cardamom in a mixer and powder it finely.
3. Boil milk in a pan and once it comes to a boil, lower the flame and add the powdered palm sugar. Boil till the palm sugar dissolves in the milk and switch off the flame.
4. Add the finely cut Palm fruit to the milk. Wait for it to cool down completely and leave it in the refrigerator.
5. Have a cup of this delicious drink daily for a few days, instead of caffeinated drinks, to get good relief from stomach burn.
- Make sure to cut the Palm fruit into small pieces.
- I used organic, grass fed milk from our farm. If you don’t want to include cow’s milk, try with coconut milk.
- This drink is also a good laxative, if you are suffering from constipation, this drink will give you good relief.