Try to use freshly plucked, pesticide free, red hibiscus flowers for the mask. This mask can be made according to the type of hair that you have. If you have dry hair, use the hibiscus along with fresh yogurt. If you have oily hair use it with an organic egg white. Since we are using only the egg white, there will not be any eggy smell on the hair at all.
To use, take the mixture, part the hair using a comb and apply it all over the scalp and let it dry for at least 20 to 30 minutes and then wash the hair with a mild shampoo, I have given the video on how to make a mild natural shampoo using soap nuts below. This hair pack can be used as often as you like. If you can’t get freshly plucked hibiscus flowers, try to collect them whenever possible, store it in a cover in the refrigerator and you can use it whenever you like.
This pack is excellent for using it on young girls, as it will greatly help in hair growth and it will keep their hair soft and manageable. This pack has to be thick enough to be able to apply on the hair, if it is too runny, it will be dripping all over. Especially with yogurt, try using thick yogurt or hang it in a muslin cloth for some time and use it.
How To Make Hibiscus Hair Mask:
1. Collect fresh hibiscus flowers, wash and separate the petals.
2. For dry hair: Grind the petals along with thick yogurt to get a thick paste. If the yogurt is not thick, hang it in a muslin cloth to remove the water and then use it to grind the petals. The mixture should be thick, not runny.
3. For oily hair: Grind the petals along with an egg white to get a smooth paste. To use, apply on the hair, wait for 15 minutes and wash your hair with a natural soap nut shampoo (video below)
- Grind the mixture to a fine paste.
- Try to use an organic egg white.
- This hair mask turns dark, if left for a long time without using it, so grind it at the time of using it.
- The amount of flowers and the ingredients, depends on the thickness and length of the hair
- If you have essential oils at home, add them to the mask.