What is Pancha Deepam Oil?
Pancha Deepam Oil Benefits:
This mixture of oils is believed to bring happiness, wealth, fame and peace into the home. Lighting the diya’s with the mixture of these oils also act as a natural insect and mosquito repellent. When I was younger, my grandma told me about an incident that happened during the Bhopal gas tragedy that killed many people.
When the gas leaked, a family who was performing a ritual that involves burning ghee was saved because of the fumes let out by ghee and other things used in the ritual. This incident is etched in my memory and I still remember thinking how all the others also would have been saved, if everyone knew about it.
This incident also taught me to take our traditions very seriously. Out of these five ingredients, ghee, sesame oil and castor oil can be easily found in every home. Neem oil and mahua oil can be easily got from any departmental store easily. Try to make a big batch of this oil and regularly use it to light oil lamps in your home.
How To Make Pancha Deepam Pooja Oil
1. These are the five oils. Try to get the purest ingredients and try to make your own ghee (clarified butter) at home.
2. Measure out the oils and mix them together.
3. Take a diya and place a cotton wick, pour the oil and light it.
- I use diyas but you can use any kind of oil lamp that you have at home.
- This oil stores well for almost 6 months.