Mangosteen is called the queen of fruits, it tastes wonderful and has amazing health benefits. It’s botanical name is Garcinia Mangostana. Our family friends have lot of mangosteen trees in their farm and they sent us a huge basket of mangosteen fruits last week, we had a delightful week eating mangosteen daily!
After enjoying the fruit for a few days, I wanted to know all about it. I experimented with making a tea out of the rind and also made a healing juice from the fruit. I had a fun time collecting all the information about mangosteen and I was really surprised at the vast health benefits and how many cultures have been using mangosteen for years to treat various diseases.
Mangosteen Chemical Constituents:
Mangosteen Medicinal Uses:
1. Mangosteen’s Anti Inflammatory Properties:
2. Mangosteen’s Anticancer Properties:
3. Mangosteen’s Antibacterial & Antiviral Properties:
4. Mangosteen’s Anti Aging Properties:
5. Mangosteen Anti Allergic Properties:
How To Make Mangosteen Tea:
Side effects Of Mangosteen:
How To Make Mangosteen Juice:
1. Take the fresh fruits, cut in half by going round only on the outer skin with a sharp knife. Twist the fruit to separate and remove only the white fleshy inner part. Use the rind to make the tea.
2. Take a fresh Aloe Vera leaf, remove the slimy layer and cut the thorns on both sides. Separate the leaf to remove the flesh.
3. Grind both the Aloe Vera gel and mangosteen fruit to a fine mixture in a mixer along with little boiled water. Sweeten with honey.
4. Drink this healing juice immediately, this juice is very healing and soothes even the most acidic stomach.
- Both mangosteen juice & mangosteen tea are very good for health, so try alternating both in your diet.
- Mangosteen tea is usually very safe but if you are taking any medications on regular basis, please mention it to your physician especially if you want take it on a daily basis.
- Ready made mangosteen tea bags are available too.
- Mangosteen juice is very low in calories and can be included in weight loss diet.
- Mangosteen tea is also a very good home remedy for diarrhea
I came to know about such a fruit through my friend very very recently only. And here it is explained in your all-encompassive, comprehensive and informative blog !! Would love to try If I’m able to find it anywhere in future.