Nothing makes me more happy than trying out new homemade products at home. The latest addition is this homemade bath salts. I really had great fun making it and I just loved the finished product. Homemade bath salts can be expensive when you buy it in the shops. You can make equally good homemade bath salts at home for a very cheap price. I wanted to try out citrus bath salts, but as usual my love for roses won and I ended up making rose petal bath salts. Bath salts apart from giving a smooth, soft skin has other benefits too. It is one of the best ways to relax. After a soak in these bath salts, we feel relaxed, uplifted and calm. Bath salts also detoxify our body, especially if made with good quality ingredients. Soaking in bath salts also help people who suffer from body pain/ Sore muscles. The best thing about homemade bath salts is that you can customize it to your liking. Epsom salt in the recipe is easily absorbed into the skin and greatly relaxes a tired body. Now it has been proven that weekly thrice soaking in Epsom salts keep our skin younger and supple. Try this recipe with your favorite dried flowers and essential oils. If using citrus essential oils, it will help in treating cold too. Baking soda in the recipe softens the water, rose petals and the rose essential oil treats dry skin and relaxes the body. To make this homemade bath salt, remove the petals from pesticide free roses and dry them in shade. Mix the measure out Epsom salt with baking soda well. Now add the liquid pink food color to it and mix it well till it is evenly mixed. Add the crushed rose petals and the rose essential oil to it and mix every thing together well. Your homemade bath salt is ready!
1. Take fresh petals, spread them on a plate and dry them in shade.
2. Mix together Epsom salt and baking soda.
3. Add the pink liquid food color to it and mix well till it is evenly mixed together.
4. Add the dried rose petals and the essential oil, mix well.
5. Your homemade fragrant bath salts are ready to be bottled!
- Add color according to the bath salt you are making, yellow for citrus, red for strawberry etc.
- Store these in air tight jars.
- You can use these bath salts for soot soak too.
- I used the Paneer variety roses, but use the ones that you get.