often and get stomachache. To cure it, my mom always used to give me
this ajwain water. Usually I will be alright very soon. Ajwain water is a very good home remedy for people suffering from indigestion, stomach pain and gastritis. 3. Ajwain Water For Babies| Toddlers: This ajwain water| oma water can be safely given to very small babies too. It is also called as “Pottoma Kashayam” in Tamil and it so very famous here in Tamil Nadu as a medicine for treating indigestion in children. I think every home with children should have a bottle of ajwain | omam. 4. Ajwain Water For Pregnant Women: Ajwain water is also good for treating indigestion, constipation and nausea in pregnant women. But pregnant women should not overdose on ajwain and should only use it as a remedy. Ajwain water is also given after delivery in many communities as a cleanser. 5. Ajwain Water For Weight Loss: Ajwain seeds water is said to increase the metabolic rate which helps burn body fat. 6. Ajwain Water For Irregular Periods: Ajwain water is a good home remedy for regulating the periods. We get ajwain water in the markets too, but usually the
store bought ones have added sugar (loads of it) to make it taste good. So it is always good if you prepare this oma water at home. Please be careful
when buying ajwain seeds, as the ajwain seeds are smaller in size, it is hard to remove
small stones or dirt from it at home, so always buy good quality ajwain. Ajwain doesn’t get spoilt soon so it can be stored for a long time in the pantry. Omum Water Side Effects: If consumed as a medicine in moderation it does not have any side effects………
1. Take the required amount of ajwain (for adults use around 1 tbsp, for children usually 2 teaspoons will do) in a heavy
bottomed roasting pan. Roast ajwain in medium low flame for about 2
minutes until a slight smell comes. Keep stirring often and don’t let it burn.
2. Pour about 1 cup of water (250 ml) and let it boil. Boil till the color of the water changes. The color of the water would have
changed to brown color.
3.Now strain the mixture and your omum water is ready.
4. This omum water is not bitter. If small children still refuse to drink
it, add tiny bit of sugar and give them. This kashayam is usually given
for flatulence and indigestion.
- Please drink it immediately once it cools
down. If you dine out and if you feel slightly queasy because of the oily food, then too you can make this omum water and have.
- For small children, 1 to 2 tbsp of the prepared kashayam will work well. You can give them once both morning and evening…
- For adults, 2 to 3 tbsp of omum water will work well….