Black salt has amazing health benefits and medicinal uses and it is popularly called kala namak in India. It is a type of natural rock salt that is full of minerals and natural goodness. It gets it’s deep dark color because of the minerals and iron found in it and when ground it looks pink in color. In India it is very popular for it’s use in making chat items. I love pani puris (a very popular Indian snack) and I always have kala namak at home for making it. Kala namak is used as a seasoning for the pani (the green water that is used to fill the puris). I have never given kala namak a second thought till I came to know of it’s wonderful uses and benefits, now I try to include it often. Kalanamak has the following wonderful uses: 1. Kala namak | Black salt for blood pressure: Kala namak has low sodium content than the regular table salt and it is said to be very effective for pressure patients. Though kala namak has low sodium content than normal salt, pressure patients should not consume too much of it as even kala namak has good amount of sodium. 2. Kala Namak | Black salt for weight loss: If you are looking for low sodium alternatives for regular salt for your weight loss regimen, then kala namak is the best choice. Kala namak does not go well with gravies as it has a distinctive smell, but it is absolutely good for salads and soups. You can spice up any salad with black salt 3. Kala Namak For skin: kala namak like most of the natural salts is very good for the skin. It relaxes muscles, is an absolute delight for using it as a detox bath. Using kala namak in detox bath is one of the best ways to relax, unwind and treat achy muscles. 4. Kala namak for Gastritis: Kala namak is very good for treating gastritis and if combined with carom seed water, it gives very good relief. You can find the carom seed water recipe in the blog. 5. Kala namak | Black salt for hair growth: Kala namak is rich in iron and vital minerals and nutrients required for hair growth, try including it in your diet as often as you can. Next time you make soups add a little of kala namak to it, it will enhance the flavor. But don’t add too much of black salt, it will not taste good. You can also sprinkle it on eggs daily. Try your best to substitute refined table salt with black salt. I tried a detox bath blend with black salt, you can also use this recipe as a foot soak. This is an absolute detox bath recipe and it is suitable for all types of skin. Trust me, you will feel like as if you underwent an expensive spa treatment after using this bath soak, that is because of the relaxing nature of black salt. Though black salt has a distinctive smell, it pair up beautifully with rose petals and rose essential oil in this detox bath recipe to make a wonderful home treatment….
1. You get black salt as a whole block or in ground powder form. If you have got it in block form, powder it in a dry mixer.
2. Collect fresh roses and dry them in shade till crisp.
3. Pound the dried rose petals and powdered kala namak in a mortar and pestle.
4. Add rose essential oil to the mixture and mix well.
5. Store in an airtight container. To use, take around 1/4 cup of this mixture and add it to the lukewarm bath and soak in it for 15 to 30 minutes. Don’t forget to add some fresh rose petals to the bath water, while taking the bath 🙂
- Try using paneer variety roses as they are very fragrant.
- Shower before taking this detox bath.
- The temperature should be slightly above lukewarm temperature.
- Make sure to hydrate yourself before and after this detox bath.
- If you don’t want to store the mixture, then make it with fresh rose petals. Crush the petals lightly with the salt and add it to the bath.