Black salt has amazing health benefits and medicinal uses and it is popularly called kala namak in India. It is a type of natural rock salt that is full of minerals and natural goodness. It gets it’s deep dark color because of the minerals and iron found in it and when ground it looks pink in color.
In India it is very popular for it’s use in making chat items. I love pani puris (a very popular Indian snack) and I always have kala namak at home for making it. Kala namak is used as a seasoning for the pani (the green water that is used to fill the puris). I have never given kala namak a second thought till I came to know of it’s wonderful uses and benefits, now I try to include it often.
Kalanamak Health Benefits:
1. Kala namak | Black salt For Blood Pressure:
2. Kala Namak | Black Salt For Weight Loss:
3. Kala Namak For Skin:
4. Kala namak for Gastritis:
5. Kala Namak | Black Salt for Hair Growth:
How To Use Kalanamak For Skin Care?
1. You get black salt as a whole block or in ground powder form. If you have got it in block form, powder it in a dry mixer.
2. Collect fresh roses and dry them in shade till crisp.
3. Pound the dried rose petals and powdered kala namak in a mortar and pestle.
4. Add rose essential oil to the mixture and mix well.
5. Store in an airtight container. To use, take around 1/4 cup of this mixture and add it to the lukewarm bath and soak in it for 15 to 30 minutes. Don’t forget to add some fresh rose petals to the bath water, while taking the bath 🙂
- Try using paneer variety roses as they are very fragrant.
- Shower before taking this detox bath.
- The temperature should be slightly above lukewarm temperature.
- Make sure to hydrate yourself before and after this detox bath.
- If you don’t want to store the mixture, then make it with fresh rose petals. Crush the petals lightly with the salt and add it to the bath.