DIY Recipe:How to Make Easy Natural Homemade Body Lotion for Dry Skin
If you are like me, who enjoys making your own things, then you will greatly enjoy making this easy homemade lotion recipe at home. When I first made this homemade lotion recipe at home, I was so pleased with the result. The lotion was non greasy, moisturized my skin nicely, with a nice smell of fresh roses. This homemade body lotion is very good for dry skin, especially during the winter months. All the ingredients for this homemade lotion is found at home, except glycerine. Glycerine can be bought at any medical store easily. Please try to make your own rose water at home, as it gives the best results. Store bought rose water contains just artificial essence and water. You can even make the rose water ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator. Once you get hold of all the ingredients, you can make this homemade lotion in a matter of minutes. When I was making the lotion, the rose smell that was wafting from the lotion was incredible. This lotion keeps well for few weeks, if refrigerated.
1. Get all your things ready. Measure out the glycerine and rose water in measuring cups.
2. Heat rose water in a pan, in low flame. Don't let it boil.
3. Once the rose water is hot, add the lemon juice. Let it dissolve.
4. Once the lemon juice is dissolved, switch off. Add the glycerine. Stir well.
5. Finally, add the rose essential oil and stir every thing together well. Cool and store in a bottle.
You can strain the lotion, before storing it in a bottle.
The color of this homemade lotion depends on the color of the rose water.
Apply this lotion all over your body immediately after bath, for best results.