What Are Canker Sores?
Why We Get Canker Sores?
Does Alum Treat Canker Sores?
Which Alum To Use Canker Sores?
How To Use Alum For Canker Sores?
- Usually for canker sores, a small piece of alum is powdered and then a pinch of that alum powder is pressed over the canker sore. It stings for a while but usually by the next day, the person is relieved of canker sores. You can use alum in three ways to get rid of canker sores. You can take a little bit of the powder and press it over the canker sore.
- The second method is by rubbing a piece of alum block in a stone (we use sandalwood stone which is used for rubbing sandalwood to get sandalwood paste) and then using the paste on the canker sore. The third is by using a mouth rinse made out of salt and alum powder.
- Alum causes intense burning sensation when we use it on the canker sore so many don’t like to use alum powder as such and young children will find it hard to bear the burning sensation caused due to alum powder. For them, I would suggest alum mouth rinse and you can easily make it at home. Alum mouth rinse is a good way to use alum to get rid of mouth sores.
Alum Mouth Rinse That Treats Canker Sores:
3 TOP WAYS TO USE ALUM POWDER FOR CANKER SORES (MOUTH SORES):
1. ALUM BLOCK FOR CANKER SORES:
Take a small piece of alum block and rub it in a sandalwood stone along with little water till you get a thick paste. Apply over the canker sore, wait for a minute before spitting it out. Don’t swallow the alum paste.
2. ALUM POWDER FOR CANKER SORE:
Take little bit of alum powder and press it over the canker sore. Use only a tiny pinch and don’t swallow alum. Wait for a minute and then spit it out.
3. ALUM MOUTH RINSE FOR CANKER SORE:
Boil a cup of water along with 1/2 tsp crystal salt. Once the salt has dissolved, switch off the flame. Stir in 1/4 tsp alum powder. Once the alum powder has dissolved, strain. Let it come to lukewarm temperature before using it as a mouth rinse 2 to 3 times a day.
- Use crystal salt not powdered salt for the alum mouth rinse.
- If you can bear the sting try the first or second method of applying alum powder directly on the canker sore as it is more effective.
- Alum is toxic if consumed internally in large amounts so try not to swallow alum.
- When using the rinse, swish around your mouth and make sure that the area where the canker sore is rinsed.