What Type Of Alum To Use For Skin Lightening?
Alum Common Names:
How To Use Alum For Skin Lightening?
- One of the best ways to use alum powder for skin lightening is in the form of face pack. When I say skin lightening, I mean to lighten dark spots and scars and make your skin look even toned and smooth.
- Skin lightening does not mean to change the color of the skin we are born with which is impossible and unnecessary as every skin tone looks beautiful as far as it is even toned and smooth.
- When we apply alum face packs regularly, it does few amazing things for our skin: It treats skin problems like acne as it has anti bacterial properties.
- It also lightens acne scars, dark spots and prevents blackheads too. It also heals minor cuts and scrapes along with tightening our skin. But we have to remember few things when we use alum powder for skin lightening.
Side Effects Of Using Alum On Skin:
3 Top Ways To Use Alum Powder For Skin Lightening:
1. Alum And Rose Water Face Pack For Dark Spots:
For the face pack, take alum powder in a bowl, add very little rose water to form a thick paste and apply as a face pack. For this face pack, try to use only pure homemade rose water for best results.
2. Alum and Glycerin Toner:
To make the alum toner, first boil 1/2 cup water with 1/4 tsp of alum powder. Once the alum powder has dissolved, add a handful of fresh holy basil leaves and switch off. Let it steep in the water till the water cools down. Once it cools down, strain the water and discard the basil leaves. To the strained water, add a few drops of glycerin and your homemade toner is ready. This toner when used regularly lightens dark spots well.
3. Alum and Multani Mitti Face Pack For Acne Scars:
For this face pack, take 1 tbsp of multani mitti also called as fuller’s earth in a bowl, add in 1/4 tsp of alum powder. Finally add enough milk if you have dry skin or rose water if you have oily skin and mix to form a smooth paste without any lumps and apply as a face pack.
I use alum as deodorant, it works for 24 hours and better than anything else.
Hi Ramya,Do you know the tamil name of "Alum"? Is it "Padikaram/படிகாரம்"?Or tell me where i can get this powder.Thank you.
Hi, You are right, alum is called Padikaram in Tamil…..
Hi ramya,Will this alum help in reducing pores(holes)caused by pimples.if yes how to use
Is glycerine compulsory? If so is there any other alternative to it?
Hi madam, I am shailaja here
Can i use this alum to my 21 months baby girl for hair removing and for fairness skin.. .
It is safe or not to babies.. . Please reply
Can we drink alum water if we have acne issue. How much we drink
Please i want to know how long it will take alum to tighten stretch marks on skin
Hello can I mix alum into my facial oil?
This is necessary that Beauty requires knowledge, not a lot of money. good and informative