Amla murabba also called as amla ka murabba in Hindi has amazing health benefits. Amla also called as Indian goose berries have wonderful health benefits and uses. I know that I am repeating myself as I have already written about the health benefits of amla but the benefits of amla can’t be emphasized enough.
Amlas are one of the the richest source of vitamin C and it is also rich in vitamin A, calcium and magnesium. I have always loved trying different recipes using amlas and this amla murabba is one of my favorites. This amla murabba is more like a sweet and if you get the consistency of the syrup right right, it stores quite well.
Especially if you have a sweet tooth, I would suggest eating one of these amla murabbas instead of packaged sweets that are high in preservatives. The traditional method calls for boiling the amlas in water and then discarding the nutrient rich water, I prefer to steam them.
Amla Murabba Health Benefits:
1. Natural Tonic:
2. Aids Digestion:
3. Good For Pregnant Women:
4. Good For Hair & Skin
5. Treats Acidity:
How To Make Amla Murabba At Home?
1. Take the amlas, wash them well and prick all over with a fork.
2. Steam the amlas in a steamer, I used my idli maker for steaming them.
3. When you insert a knife, it should go in without any resistance.
3. Heat the sugar with little water till it reaches 2 string consistency.
4. Once it reaches the string consistency, add the amlas and boil for 10 minutes along with little saffron. Switch off, wait for the syrup to cool and store.
5. You don’t have to follow this step if you have made a smaller batch: If you are making a large batch, remove the amlas from the syrup and then heat the syrup till it reaches 2 to 3 string consistency again along with little saffron and pour over the amlas, cool and store.
- Try using fresh firm amlas for this murabba.
- The string consistency is very very important.
- After adding amlas the syrup tends to get a bit runny, but it does not spoil for a week (Usually it gets over in my house by then). But when you make large batches boiling the syrup again increases the shelf life greatly.
- Make sure to use dry spoon for taking the amlas else they will spoil sooner.