Whenever I think of cucumber eye gel, the only words that pops into my mind are cool and refreshing. When we are stressed, tired or ill, it reflects first in our eyes. Our eyes get red, looks lifeless and we develop under eye bags. Under eye gels are a great way of treating our tired eyes. Eye gels that we get from the market is quite expensive, we can make an under eye gel with the fraction of that cost and with minimal effort.
This home made eye gel contains fresh cucumbers and aloevera gel. We have plenty of aloevera plants in our farm and whenever I want to use aloevera gel, I cut a fresh leaf, clean and scrape the gel and use. Aloevera plant can be easily grown in pots with little to no maintenance and I strongly recommend that you grow a plant to get all the wonderful benefits it offers. Aloevera gel brightens skin, improves elasticity, soothes irritated skin and diminishes fine lines and wrinkles.
Cucumbers helps to hydrate the skin, eliminate puffiness and dark circles. This homemade cucumber eye gel is so gentle on the skin and can be used by people with very sensitive skin too. This gel also contains vitamin e, as vitamin is very good in preventing skin aging and sagging skin. If you are a person who spends most of the time in front of the computer or doing intricate work which tires the eyes very quickly, try using this gel every day for best results.
To make this gel take a fresh aloevera leaf, wash it well to remove the slimy green juice, cut the thorns on both sides and cut it into two. Scrape the gel and set aside. Take a fresh cucumber and cut it into pieces and grind it without adding water in mixer. Add the aloevera gel and blend again till you get a smooth mixture. Strain to get a smooth liquid. Add the contents of two vitamin e capsules and mix well. Before applying make sure to clean the face of all make up and apply it gently around the eyes.
Homemade Cucumber Eye Gel Recipe:
1. Take a fresh aloevera leaf, cut the thorns on both sides and cut into two. Scrape the gel separately and set aside.
2. Take a fresh cucumber and roughly cut it into cubes and blend it in a blender without adding water. Add the aloevera gel and grind to a smooth paste.
3. Strain the mixture to get a smooth liquid and then add the contents from two vitamin e capsules and mix well.
4. Store it in a small glass bottle and keep the remains in the refrigerator.
- This gel has a shelf life of 2 to 3 days, as it is made with fresh ingredients.
- Try to use organic cucumbers, as we are using the gel around the eyes.