Cucumber face mask is an easy face mask that can be made by everyone and has amazing skin benefits. It is so refreshing and cooling to use a cucumber face mask, especially during summer time. This cucumber face mask treats sun burns very effectively and this face mask is also ideal for using on acne prone skin, as it is very soothing. When we have acne any thing you apply on it burns and irritates the skin.
If the acne is very bad, it is very painful and sometimes we can’t even wash our face properly. Try this face mask, if you suffer from acne. It is very gentle on the skin, eases the inflammation, reduces acne and heals acne scars. This face mask contains fresh organic cucumber puree, fresh Aloe Vera gel, full fat milk powder and essential oils. The essential oils I have used are tea tree essential oil and lavender.
My first experience treating acne with tea tree oil happened a year back. I had purchased a bottle of tea tree essential oil after reading about it’s wonderful benefits in Readers Digest magazine. When one of my nephews, who is a teenager, suffered from a break out of acne, I made him apply tea tree oil with a cotton swab only on the spots. The acne diminished magically, the next day itself. Tea tree oil is very effective for acne, as it has anti bacterial, anti inflammatory properties.
But people with sensitive skin, should not use it alone and it also dries out the skin, especially if used directly. It is always best to use essential oils along with base oils or in face packs. Lavender essential oil soothes inflamed skin very effectively. To make the face pack, take an organic cucumber, peel the outer skin, remove the inner pith and grind to a smooth puree and strain.
Extract Aloe Vera gel from a fresh plant, grind to a smooth puree and strain it too. Mix both cucumber extract and Aloe Vera extract together. Add milk powder and mix together to form a thick paste. Add the essential oils and apply all over the face and neck. You will immediately feel the cooling sensation when you apply the face mask. Wait for it to dry for 15 to 20 minutes before washing your face with a mild face wash.
Cucumber Face Mask Recipe:
1. Take a fresh, organic cucumber and peel the outer skin and remove the inner pith and puree it in a blender and strain to get a smooth puree.
2. Take Aloe Vera gel puree it in the blender and strain to get a smooth puree.
3. Mix Aloe Vera extract, cucumber extract, essential oils and enough full fat milk powder to get a thick paste and apply all over the face and neck gently. You will find a cooling sensation, spread over the face and the burning sensation also reduces quickly. Wait for 15 minutes, before washing it off.
- Make sure that the mixture is smooth and make sure to strain the Aloe Vera extract and the cucumber extract.
- The left overs can be stored for a day or two in the refrigerator.
- Whenever you get sun burns, apply this face mask.
- If you have acne prone or sensitive skin, the Aloe and cucumber extract in the mask soothes and eases the inflammation and prevents acne scars.
- If you are using it for acne, try not to skip the tea tree essential oil in the face pack.
- This face pack also treats very dry skin.