Oak Gall are called “Masikai” in Tamil. This is another common ingredient that we use extensively for our home remedies. Actually these oak galls are formed by insects. One can easily identify oak gall by it’s round shape and the small structures protruding around the nut. We get these nuts dried and it can be stored for years. Oak galls are excellent for treating ulcers inside the mouth. Masikai has high astringent properties and it is this quality that heals mouth ulcers very quickly. Some people have small ulcers that are white in color on both sides of their mouth. This oak gall paste is a good remedy for that. This paste can be safely used for small children too. When you apply this paste, it has a slightly bitter and astringent taste. Try applying this paste for few days continuously, to get relief. To make this paste, soak oak gall in water for some time. This will make it easier to rub into a paste. Rub the oak gall on a sandalwood stone along with little water till you get a thick paste. Apply this paste on the affected area. You will be surprised, how quickly mouth ulcers heal with this remedy.
1. Soak oak gall in a cup of water for some time.
2. Wash the sandal wood stone and rub the oak gall along with little water till you get a thick paste.
3. Take the paste and apply it on the affected area. Wait for at least 10 minutes before washing off.
- This paste has to be applied once it is made.
- Please use this continuously till you get relief for best results.