It is always fun to make our own cosmetics. This home made bronzer will be greatly helpful for people who are allergic to cosmetics. This bronzer is made with ingredients that are commonly found at home. It is made with cocoa, cinnamon and arrow root powder. Try using organic cocoa and cinnamon powder for this bronzer.
Arrow root powder is a powdery starch, made from arrow root plant. It is widely used as a thickening agent in cooking and it is completely flavorless. Making your home made cosmetics is very economical and what I like most about this home made bronzer is that, you can try with different shades.
I spent the whole evening joyfully, trying out different shades and applying it on my face. In the end I settled on the color you see in the picture. This bronzer spreads evenly on the face, provided you use a good brush. To make this bronzer, mix cocoa powder, arrow root powder and cinnamon powder well.
Add pure vanilla, drop by drop till it is mixed well. Sieve the mixture, to break the lumps formed. For lighter skin tone decrease the cocoa and increase the cinnamon. For darker skin tone, increase the cocoa. Make small batches of this mixture and enjoy chemical free make up!
Natural Homemade Bronzer Recipe
1. Measure out the cinnamon, cocoa and arrow root powder.
2. Mix every thing together well and add the pure vanilla drop by drop mixing well. It will be lumpy.
3. Sieve the mixture to break any lumps and pack it firmly in a small box.
- You can add any essential oil you like, but I prefer vanilla.
- It is important that you sieve the mixture, else it will be very lumpy.