Using garlic oil for ear infection is a very popular and effective home remedy and it is very to make it. Ear infections affect children very commonly. When a child is infected by ear infection, the child faces acute ear pain, sometimes accompanied by fever. A recent study has shown that children are given antibiotics for earache than any other disease. When I read the amount of money that has been spent for ear infection medicine alone, I couldn’t believe my eyes. In United States alone, they spend around 3 billion for ear infections every year. As long as the ear drum is not perforated, you can use home remedies to treat ear infection very effectively. One such home remedy is using garlic oil for ear infection. It is easy and simple to make and it has been proven to be very effective in treating ear aches. This remedy can be safely used for both adults and babies. In my personal experience, I have also found that cutting out the dairy products out of the diet for some days will help in ear infections too. This remedy is made with coconut oil and garlic pods. Coconut oil is one of the best oils for treating ear infections as it has got antimicrobial properties. To make this garlic oil, first heat coconut oil in a pan and add finely cut garlic to it. Roast till the color of the garlic changes slightly, don’t let it burn. Remove from fire, strain, let it cool and use it for earaches. To use, leave a 2 to 3 drops of this oil in the infected ear. Try using virgin coconut oil or better still make your own homemade virgin coconut oil for using in this remedy.
1. Heat coconut oil in a thick bottomed pan. Once hot, add the finely cut garlic.
2. Let the garlic fry till it is golden brown.
3. Once the garlic has turned golden, switch off.
4. Let it cool and store in a bottle.
- Don’t let the garlic burn.
- This oil can be stored for a week at room temperature.
- Don’t fill the pan to the brim with oil, it will spill over.
- Don’t use this remedy, if the eardrum is perforated.