Cinnamon milk has amazing health benefits, apart from it’s wonderful taste.1.For Insomnia – It has been estimated that more than 30% of the population suffer from insomnia. World wide, we are getting 20% less sleep than what our elders did. The alarming thing is that even children are getting affected by insomnia and it has been reported to be increasing day by day. Lack of good night’s sleep increases heart problems, causes accidents and affects our performance greatly. Try making a ritual of drinking cinnamon milk before going to bed, if you are suffering from insomnia. 2. For Bone Health – Both honey and cinnamon are great in increasing the bone density, thus preventing arthritis. 3. To Prevent Cancer– The chemicals found in both honey and cinnamon help in preventing cancer. 4. For Immunity– Regular intake of cinnamon milk increases immunity. Make it a point to give this cinnamon milk often to children to increase their immunity. 5. For Good Digestion – cinnamon and honey is an amazing combination for increasing digestive health. Try this milk for a few days, to increase digestive health. 6. For Sore Throat– Cinnamon is a spice that is great for treating sore throat, this milk also will help you get uninterrupted sleep when you are suffering from sore throat. To make cinnamon milk, warm milk in a pan along with a small cinnamon stick. Switch off and add the honey and vanilla, strain and sip it warm.
1. Heat milk in a pan along with a small stick of cinnamon.
2. Remove from fire and add pure vanilla and honey.
3. Strain the mixture and your cinnamon milk is ready!
- If you use a lot of cinnamon, the smell and taste will be too overpowering.
- Instead of heating the milk with cinnamon, you can infuse the cinnamon in the milk after removing from heat. It will give a milder flavor.
- Try using pure vanilla, instead of artificial vanilla essence.
- I used organic, grass fed whole milk, but you can use any type of milk you prefer.
- This milk tastes really delicious, but try not to skip the vanilla in the cinnamon milk.