Kedrostis Foetidissima For Boils: We use these leaves to cure boils
(abscess) that form during the hot seasons. During the hot summer
months, our sweat glands are very active making it ideal for the
bacteria to grow. The appakovay leaves are very cooling and they are
crushed together with small onions (shallots) and then applied over the
boils. This paste gives good relief from the boils. The only thing to note is that the leaves and onions shouldn’t be crushed too fine as all the juice will flow down when you apply it over the boils. I have given step by step instruction for the remedy below. We also make a chutney out the leaves and have it for lunch along with rice, when the leaves are sauteed and ground it tastes good and does not have the smell….
1.Wash the appakovay leaves in water. Peel the small onions (shallots) and wash them too.
2. Pound the small onions in a mortar and pestle.
3. Add the appakovay leaves and pound everything, till it comes together.
4.Take this paste and apply over the boils. Tie a clean cotton cloth over it and let it dry.
- Don’t pound this mixture finely.
- Wait for the paste to dry, before removing the cloth from the boil.
- This plant can be easily grown every where, in small pots.
- It can be identified, by it’s strong smell and by it’s bright red fruits.