Mangoes can be used to make wonderful skin treatments. Here in India, getting mangoes that has been ripened without the use of chemicals is getting difficult day by day. Since almost all my relations are agriculturists, our house is usually filled with mangoes from their farms. If you are fond of mangoes and consume it a lot like me, make sure to buy mangoes that are ripened naturally. Consuming mangoes that has been ripened with chemicals causes stomach pain and increases toxicity in the body.
Every since the mango season started, I wanted to make this homemade mango body scrub. It is simple to make, exfoliates the skin naturally and smells heavenly! This scrub has fresh mango puree, citrus essential oils, sugar and coconut oil. The sugar should be of fine texture, else it will irritate the skin. In India, we don’t get very fine sugar in the market, so pound the ordinary sugar in the mortar and pestle to get a fine texture sugar.
But don’t pound it too much and make it into a powder. I used my virgin coconut oil, but even extra virgin olive oil can also be used. I have used orange essential oil, you can use any citrus essential oil you prefer like lemon, bitter orange, tangerine, etc. To make this mango body scrub, first take a fully ripened mango, remove the outer skin and cut into small pieces. Grind it finely in a blender without any water.
Take the fine sugar in a mortar and pestle, add the mango puree, essential oil, virgin coconut oil and pound every thing together, till it is mixed well. When you pound it in a mortar and pestle, it does not make the mixture into a puree like a blender does and the sugar is ground only a bit, which is what we want. To use, scoop out the mixture, apply it on wet skin and massage it all over the body before having your bath. Adding citrus essential oil uplifts our mind and virgin coconut oil moisturizes the skin. Enjoy making and using this heavenly mango body scrub!
4 Easy Steps To Make Mango Body Scrub:
1. Take a ripe mango, remove the outer skin and grind the flesh without adding any water in the mixer.
2. Take sugar in a mortar and pestle and crush it once, if the sugar is too grainy. Don’t grind it finely.
3. Add the mango puree, virgin coconut oil and citrus essential oil and mix every thing together well.
4. To use scoop the mixture and massage it all over the body before having your bath.
- The leftovers of this mango body scrub can be refrigerated for future use.
- I used Alphonso variety mango, you can use any variety that you like.
- Try using this scrub weekly once, for best results.
- You can increase or decrease the quantity of sugar according to your preference.