I always thought, making peel off mask at home is impossible. But after trying this mango peel off face mask at home, I changed my opinion. This face mask is easy to prepare with very few ingredients and the result was incredible. This mask is made fresh mango pulp and gelatin. Gelatin is melted over double boiler and added to fresh mango puree and pure vanilla. Though it sounds very simple, to get the mask to peel off nicely after it is dried on the face, care should be taken with the measurements of gelatin and mango puree. The time, the mixed mango and gelatin mixture sits in the refrigerator is also important. The mixture should start setting, that is the correct time to take it out and apply. Usually this pack peels of nicely if done correctly. Mango with its natural antioxidants and hydrating quality leaves the skin refreshed and it also prevents acne. Please don’t worry, if you don’t get the consistency right and if doesn’t peel of as it should, you can always wash your face like you do for a normal face pack. But remember if you let the mixture sit for a long time in the refrigerator, it will thicken into a pudding.
1. Take 1 tbsp gelatin and sprinkle it over 3 tbsp of water and let it stand for 5 minutes. Now place the bowl containing gelatin over a bowl of boiling water (double boiler) and let the gelatin melt. Once melted, cool it down to room temperature.
2. Peel the skin of the mango and cut the flesh and puree it in a blender without adding water. For 1 tbsp gelatin, the mango puree along with the water we use for gelatin should measure around 1/2 cup. Strain the mango puree using a strainer to get a smooth mixture.
3. Add few drops of pure vanilla to the sieved mango puree.
4. Add the gelatin mixture to the mango puree and set it in the fridge for 5 to 10 minutes. The mixture should start setting around the edges, take it out of the refrigerator and mix once. This is the correct stage to start applying on the face. Wait for it to dry. Once dry, peel off to reveal a glowing skin.
- Take the mixture out of the refrigerator, once it begins to set.
- The liquid measure should be 1/2 cup for 1 tbsp gelatin.
- Don’t worry if it doesn’t peel off, just wash off.