Alum popularly called Fitkari (Phitkari) is commonly used for hair removal in India. I use alum powder mixed with rose water for unwanted facial hair removal. Usually here in India, we use bath powders from young age and most of these bath powders contain ingredients like turmeric that helps remove unwanted hair. Along with bath powders, we also use ingredients like alum powder for hair removal.
Which Alum To Use For Hair Removal?
Alum Common Names:
How To Use Alum For Hair Removal?
- Alum has been used as a home remedy for unwanted facial hair removal from ancient times and it works really well and can be effectively used for both face and body hair removal.
- A mixture of alum powder and water or better still rosewater can be applied all over the face and body. This paste tends to retard the body hair growth over time.
- Alum when rubbed on the skin acts a mild abrasive and helps get rid of facial hair permanently. Rose water greatly prevents skin dryness caused due to alum.
- Traditionally after bath, alum powder is mixed with rose water into a very fine paste and then the paste is applied on the face. Let the paste dry completely and once the paste is about to dry completely, start rubbing in a circular motion and gently remove the alum pack completely from the face. Since alum is a mild abrasive, when we rub it gently on the face, it weakens the hair roots.
How Long Will It Take Alum To Remove Hair
3 TOP WAYS TO USE ALUM & ROSE WATER FOR HAIR REMOVAL:
1. ALUM &ROSE WATER FOR HAIR REMOVAL:
Take a tsp of alum powder in a bowl. Add in enough rose water to form a thick spreadable paste and apply as a face pack. Apply this pack as a thin coat all over the face, wait for it to almost dry and gently rub in a circular motion and remove the pack off.
2. ALUM STONE FOR HAIR REMOVAL:
If you have got alum in block form, break a small piece of alum stone. Now take a sandalwood stone and rub alum in circular motion along with rose water till it forms a paste. Apply as a face pack and rub it off gently when almost dry.
3. ALUM FACE PACK FOR HAIR REMOVAL:
Take half a tsp of alum powder in a bowl. Add in half a tsp of multani mitti also called as fuller’s earth in English. Add in enough rose water to form a thick spreadable paste and apply as a face pack. Apply this pack as a thin coat all over the face, wait for it to almost dry and gently rub in a circular motion and remove the pack off.