rose petal bath powder is very fragrant and should be made in peak
summer. This bath powder has green gram dal, wild turmeric, white
turmeric/ poolan kilangu and dried rose petals. Rose petals reduces
wrinkles, brightens the skin tone and prevents the skin from sun damage. Wild turmeric is called
“kasturi manjal” in Tamil and it is very fragrant than normal turmeric.
We use kasturi manjal for most of our skin preparations, as it reduces
blemishes and pimples. Green gram dal is a very good natural body
cleaner and it keeps our body cool. White turmeric (Zedoary) is called ”
Poolan kilangu” in Tamil. It helps in healing any damage to the skin
and prevents infections. To make this powder, first collect pesticide
free roses, remove the petals and sun dry them till completely dry. Take
the measured out green gram dal, white turmeric/ poolan kilangu, wild
turmeric in a wide plate and sun dry it for a day. We usually use the
dried varieties of both the turmerics. Add the dried rose petals to the
dried mixture and powder them finely in a mixer. Sieve the mixture and
store it. To use, take the required amount of powder and mix it with
water to make a paste. Scoop the mixture and rub it all over the body
like soap and wash it off. You will find great difference in your skin
texture if you use this bath powder regularly. 4. Rose Petals For Hair: Rose water made using fresh rose petals can used as a final hair rinse. It will make the hair smell heavenly at the same time condition the hair and prevent split ends. 5. Rose Petals For Weight Loss: Rose petal tea made with fresh rose petals is full of antioxidants and helps to get rid of toxins from the body effectively thus helping in natural weight loss. To make the rose petal tea, boil a cup of water along with a handful of fresh rose petals. Once the petals wilt, strain and sweeten with honey. I have used a fragrant variety of roses popularly called paneer roses in India for all these treatments, but you can use any fresh roses that has not been sprayed with pesticides.
1. Separate the petal from the roses and wash them well and drain the water completely. Grind the petals to a smooth paste in a blender or using a mortar and pestle.
2. Wash the sandal wood stone. Add little rosewater to the stone and rub a piece of sandalwood bark on the stone in a circular motion till you get enough sandal wood paste.
3. Mix both the paste together well and apply on the affected area.
- Try to use fresh rose petals.
- Make sure to use home made rosewater, else use boiled water.
- If you are treating small babies, make sure to wash the blender well to get rid of any spiciness in it.
- Because I have ground it in a mortar and pestle, the paste is not too smooth. If you grind the petals in the blender you get a very smooth paste.