nuts are very gentle on the skin, allergy free and are perfect for
washing children’s clothes. They also keep the colors of the clothes
bright, as they are very mild. 2. Reetha For Hair Fall & Dandruff: Reetha is an amazing hair cleanser. It prevents hair fall, dandruff and promotes hair growth. To use it on hair, just use this reetha liquid to wash hair. You can also boil the liquid down to a very thick concentrate, if using it for hair. 3. Reetha For Face : Reetha liquid can be used as a face wash. Add a few drops of essential oil to the reetha water and your homemade face wash that is all natural is ready! 4. Reetha For Skin: You can use this liquid as a substitute for soap. Mix the liquid with chick pea flour and use this paste on the skin instead of soap. This mixture will not dry out the skin like commercial soaps. 5. Reetha For Cleaning Jewellery: This reetha liquid can be effectively used to clean jewellery. Soak the jewellery in this liquid and rub it with a soft cloth to get the shine back. To make the reetha liquid, soak a handful of reethas in water. The reetha should be immersed fully in water and left to soak overnight. The next day boil the soaked reetha till they turn mushy and then strain the liquid. When you are boiling the reetha, you will see lather forming on top. The amount of reetha to be soaked depends on the usage.
1. Take the reetha, break it open and remove the seeds from them.
2. Soak the reetha in water overnight or for at least 3-4 hours.
3. Add some more water to the soaked reetha and boil them.
4. When you boil, you will see the foam coming on top.
5. Once the reetha turns mushy, remove from fire and cool. strain the liquid and your chemical free reetha liquid is ready!
- Soak the clothes, like you do with a regular detergent for washing your clothes.
- To use it as shampoo, boil it down to a thick concentrate.
- You can buy the reetha in bulk, if you are going to use it regularly.
- Soap nuts/ reetha store well for months.